Friday, November 6, 2009

Dragon Age: New Patch, Thoughts on Redcliffe, and Dragons

Bioware put out their first patch for the game today, which you can find on the social site. By making it easier on both medium and easy easier, it prompted me to re-up the difficulty after that Redcliffe part. To test it out, I took on a high dragon. Seemed like the perfect way to do it to me. 2 deaths (no wipes, just main character being eaten and spit out), 3 greater health poultices, 30 regular ones, 5 lesser, and a whole lot of fun later, the dragon was down. The dragon was an optional guard to fight that can be called down with use of a horn you find. The fight was exhilarating and overall fun to play.

The Redcliffe quest series seemed to go on way too long. One option took me to the Circle of the Magi in order to seek a solution, but of course I hadn't been there previously so I had to do that whole series of quests in order to get to what I had originally traveled there for. Then a whole bunch of back and forth across the map ensued before another dungeon crawl before I could even finish the quest. Then a bombshell was dropped by the Arl.

One annoying thing, that maybe I'm just overlooking, is that there is no good way to set up a tactic for a group heal. I was looking for something along the lines of multiple party members being below 50% then use group heal. So if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment